Monday, December 7, 2009

"Let there be snow, and mistletoooooe..."

I swear to science, our lady of guadalupe, and tom waits*, I think we're going to have a white christmas here. here, in mother-flippin' yolo county. I don't believe it, but it rained all night last night, and tomorrow we're going to spend the day hovering between the 25-35 degree range... yeesh. I don't know what to think.

I wish I could cook. I haven't been. it's not like I'm actually studying for finals. it just doesn't seem appropriate. ah well, there's thursday's ladies' pre-break holiday tea to bake for (so stay tuned for an experiment involving honey, ginger, molasses, and ...lemon? we'll see.), and then my family when I go back to ENC for 2 weeks! there will be:
-pan dulce
-a flourless chocolate torte OR ganache cake for momma's birthday (haven't decided yet - it all comes down to whether or not I can find a spring-form pan at SPCA between now and friday)
-gingerbread men to decorate with barwick and stephie
-christmas pie (miguel gave me pie privileges! this is HUGE!)
-granola bars for brosef. I'm not sure whether to try these eat air ones on him, which I've had success with, or make him be my tester for the your vegan mom's ones. they definitely seem to have more ingredients he'd tolerate.
-my favorite persimmon cookies!

maybe the broham will even let me pack him some lunches. I love making him accidentally eat vegetarian - he's scrawny, tall, and 16, and thinks he's some real damn meat 'n taters guy. maybe I'll make him accidentally love my seitan chili sin carne al mole (shamelessly adapted from VwaV - really, I just added more beans and brown shugga', but ya know)



*the idols and false prophets I worship. what, I'm catholic! we know that we're all going to hell, no matter what we do! plus, tom waits is really a demi-god everyone should know and love. check this steezy shit out yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment